“…UofL Health’s flagship downtown campus.”
The University of Louisville Health’s Hospital West Tower addition will provide a new entrance and critically needed spaces for UofL Health’s flagship downtown campus. The 68 private patient rooms will be complemented with a 24-bed observation unit that will relieve emergency room overcrowding and allow better care for all levels of patients.
Four state-of-the-art operating suites and 30 post-anesthesia care beds will be added. The hybrid operating room will combine traditional operating functionality with advanced imaging equipment for real-time surgical guidance and assessment during complex procedures.
Patient floor design focuses on patient and visitor comfort, offering flexible and adaptive spaces. Enlarged technology-enabled nurse stations, enlarged doctor’s dictation spaces, and convenient consult rooms afford faculty and medical students an optimal environment for teaching and learning.
- The addition is integrated into the existing hospital
- Design accommodations for adding two additional floors
- Four new operating rooms
- One floor dedicated to MEP systems and equipment
- Cloud-based BIM-360 design
- Architectural – MEP – Fire Protection – Structural all in one BIM Model