“The cornerstone of Catholic faith in Jeffersontown and Middletown communities…”
St. Michael’s Parish is the cornerstone of catholic faith in the Jeffersontown and Middletown communities. The parish consists of an elementary school, licensed daycare, community gymnasium, parish offices, and worship building. Due to the growth, the Archdiocese of Louisville enlisted consultants to guide the church through creating a master building plan. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. assisted providing the fire protection, electrical and mechanical engineering assessment.
- Assessment of existing facility systems and comparison with current technology, regulations, and life safety requirements
- Comparison of replacement HVAC systems to match existing systems with providing a geothermal or chilled water campus system
- Life cycle cost analysis of HVAC options including maintenance costs, utility costs, and construction costs
- Recommendations for a central HVAC system that can be expanded to include the school and gymnasium as the current systems require replacement
- Coordination with the local utility companies to upgrade the electric and water services to the site
- Engineering and construction documents for central chilled water plant including piping and electrical infrastructure for future connection