“A 26-FOOT CONTINUOUS STILL AND RACKS THAT FIT NEARLY 2,000 BARRELS…”
Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. enjoyed working with the Peerless Distilling Company on the renovation and conversion of their 42,800 square foot warehouse space into a working distillery in downtown Louisville. The distillery features a retail store, tasting room, and guided tours of the 26-foot continuous still and racks that fit nearly 2,000 barrels for whiskey, bourbon, and moonshine.
Kerr-Greulich Engineers created and implemented designs for HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems throughout the building while working in close coordination with the process engineers.
- Specialized heating and ventilation for still area
- Proper ventilation for fermenting and warehouse conditions
- Specialized ventilation for highly hazardous areas
- Specialized lighting designs
- Plumbing designed throughout the facility for use with unique distilling equipment
- Electrical designs specialized for hazardous areas
- Kerr-Greulich Engineers were able to keep the existing HVAC system in use, as per the owner’s request