“A PROMINENT PIECE OF LOUISVILLE’S TOURISM AND HISTORY…”
Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. enjoyed working with Old Forester on a prominent piece of Louisville’s tourism and history with their Old Forester Distillery. Located on West Main Street, as an addition to “Whiskey Row,” the Old Forester Distillery was designed with the customer experience as a priority. The goal of this project was to create the most complete distillery experience possible. 60,000 square feet of functional space include areas for barrel charring and aging, fermentation, distillation, bottling, cooperage, tasting rooms, exhibits, retail areas, and event space, allowing visitors to experience the bourbon crafting process from beginning to end.
- Extensive lighting design and control of the lighting fixtures
- Chillers, fan coil units, and dedicated outside air units
- Smoke evacuation provided for the atrium space that houses the still
- Process engineering and design provided for the fully functioning distillery
- Exhaust, ventilation, and make-up air design for barrel toasting and charring operations
- Special hazard fire protection systems for the suppression of ethanol-fueled fires