“A 12.8-ACRE, 78,000 SQUARE FOOT FACILITY HOME TO MICHTER’S PROCESSING AND BOTTLING OPERATIONS…”
In 2010, the owners of Michter’s Distillery decided to bring their brand to Louisville and began evaluating facilities to house and feature their products. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. enjoyed the opportunity to plan and design mechanical and electrical systems for what would become the Michter’s Distillery. As part of the design team, Kerr-Greulich Engineers assisted with the master planning for the Distillery’s needs. This process identified several facilities that met those needs and facilitated the decision to build in two separate facilities/locations. Kerr-Greulich Engineers assisted in transforming what was once a manufacturing space into the 12.8-acre, 78,000 square foot facility that is now home to Michter’s processing and bottling operations.
- Gas-fired rooftops condition the office areas and bottling lines
- 100% Outside air units used to provide conditioning and ventilation for the process areas and still room
- Critical environment HVAC system maintains tight temperature and humidity requirements
- A deluge fire protection system for the loading dock area
- Lightning protection provided for the facility
- Emergency lighting designs