“28,000 Square foot truck plant expansion…”
Metalsa provides the automotive industry with metallic structures for heavy and light trucks in the United States as well as several other countries. This particular project is located at their plant in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. The expansion is approximately 28,000 square feet and includes reconfiguring one of the production lines. Kerr-Greulich provided the design and engineering services for this facility.
- HVAC designed to minimize energy use while maintaining a safe environment for employees.
- Exhaust for fumes and dust at all welding stations. General exhaust and ventilation for the entire plant.
- DX cooling is used to provide spot cooling at operator workstations.
- NFPA 13 wet sprinkler fire protection system to protect the plant with dry heads to provide protection to unconditioned areas.
- Compressed air design with new compressor, drier, receiver tank and distribution piping to press and manufacturing equipment.
- Weld shield gas design for new robot welding station, including distribution from main gas mixing stations.
- Medium voltage electrical services fed from the existing switchgear to serve a double-ended medium voltage unit sub-station with main-tie-main configuration.
- Distribution to process equipment via bus duct.
- Design of site lighting for walking canopies.
- Power system to accommodate process areas.
- Fire alarm and low voltage system design for warehouse.