“The modernized space encompasses their mission…”
Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. enjoyed designing renovations and additions to the Marion County Public Library. The modernized space is sure to encompass their mission, “to enrich lives, build community, promote creativity, and foster success by bringing people, information, opportunity, and ideas together”. The addition includes a larger meeting room to accommodate groups over 200 with movable walls to allow for three medium-sized rooms to hold groups with 50-60 individuals. A dedicated library programming room, a genealogy room, a hands-on technology room, an outdoor reading area, and leisure spaces are among the notable features of the facility.
- HVAC system designed with a variable refrigerant flow system
- Fresh air provided by dedicated outside air units
- Thermostat control through a wireless app and onsite touch screen
- Programmable lighting control system for energy management
- All systems were tested to ensure optimized comfort and minimized energy consumption