“Properly designed, installed, tested, and maintained…”
Marion County Public Library’s staff and board members are among the many excited about the renovation and addition. The modernized space encompasses their mission, “to enrich lives, build community, promote creativity, and foster success by bringing people, information, opportunity, and ideas together”. The addition includes a larger meeting room to accommodate groups over 200 with movable walls to allow for three medium-sized rooms to hold groups with 50-60 individuals. A dedicated library programming room, a genealogy room, a hands-on technology room, an outdoor reading area, and leisure spaces are among the notable features of the facility. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. served as the commissioning agent for this project.
- Tested variable refrigerant systems, dedicated outside air units, and lighting controls
- Verified local equipment appropriately responded to automated control to minimize energy use
- Assessed automated control programming and adjusted settings to maximize energy efficiency
- Maximized occupant comfort by testing fan coil unit heating temperature in each space to avoid stratification and lost heat at the roof
- Worked the staff users to fine-tune the system to satisfy their expectations