“RECOGNIZED AS ONE OF THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION’S DISTRICTS OF INNOVATION…”
The Eminence Independent School district, located in Eminence, Kentucky is recognized as one of the Kentucky Department of Education’s, “Districts of Innovation”. The district desired to have a facility to match its technology-driven curriculum. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. designed the MEP systems for the school’s new identity to the community.
The EdHub integrates digital media with projects that grow out of questions posed, applications developed, and projects presented by students. The large assembly space is surrounded by interconnecting classrooms and group study spaces.
- Interactive audio, visual and data systems
- Individual spaces lead to open area design
- Energy conserving variable air volume HVAC system design
- Automatic lighting controls adjust lighting levels according to occupancy and use
- Plumbing fixtures feature hands-free sensor operation
- Acid waste disposal system with dilution pit ensuring safe effluent is discharged into sewer
- Color changing LED lighting used to display school spirit changes the theme and mood of space upon demand