“High-quality treatment facility for children….”
Cambia Hills provides a psychiatric residential treatment facility for children age 6-17. The facility is different by design and creates an engaging treatment experience for children and their families. It is approximately 55,000 square feet with room to expand an additional 20,000 square feet. This facility is designed as a psychiatric hospital and complies with current codes including the “FGI – Health Care Facility Design and Construction Guidelines” and the “NAPHS – Design Guide for the Built Environment of Behavioral Health Facilities” as well as local building code requirements.
- Special care taken with every aspect of the MEP design to minimize hazards and promote patient safety
- Four-pipe chilled water/hot water with air handling equipment and dedicated outdoor air units to condition the building and provide the required ventilation and air changes
- The air-handling system features economizer mode to take advantage of free cooling in the spring and fall
- LED lighting throughout reduces energy consumption
- Energy-conscious lighting controls utilize occupancy/vacancy sensing
- Optimization of the electrical allows a smaller generator size and creates a more power-efficient building
- Low water use plumbing fixtures throughout to conserve water.
- Well on-site as a back-up water source