Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. is looking for energetic and experienced individuals to join our company! As one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky in 2016, KGEI offers great benefits to our employees.
We are an ESOP company, which means you will be part-owner of an award-winning company! We offer 401k, medical, dental, vision, employer paid life insurance, yearly bonuses, flexible work hours, tuition reimbursement, relocation expenses and PTO to all of our employees. On top of that we offer very competitive compensation.
We are always looking for talented communicators and collaborators. We are eager to hire qualified individuals who are willing to put forth the effort to hone their skills and develop their career.
We offer a tremendous learning environment for our associates and provide what it takes for them to succeed. Our staff work side-by-side with some of the best and brightest engineers around – people who have a real passion for their work and are interested in developing emerging company leaders.
Make a move to join the best comprehensive engineering firm in the region!
WHO WE ARE
KGEI is a MEP Engineering firm that provides innovative, cost intelligent and energy efficient solutions to our clients. We work closely with architects, owners and contractors on many of the Southeast and Midwest region’s most high-profile projects. Some of the great attributes of KGEI are:
- Pleasant atmosphere with friendly co-workers
- Personalized, hands on training program
- Competitive benefits and salary
- Career development for all stages of your career
- Collaborative, team focused environment
If you are interested in any of the following positions, please submit your resume below.
This organization makes you feel like you are a part of the team and vital to the success of the group as a whole. Everyone feels important, valued, and appreciated. They empower each individual to accomplish their job, and give you growing space, and direction if you want to better yourself. Overall this company pushes its employees to increase their knowledge and understanding, which in turn increases your value to the company.
Current Positions at Kerr-Greulich
The Director of Mechanical Engineering (DME) is in responsible charge of all Mechanical Engineering (ME) activities. ME is defined as plumbing, fire protection and HVAC.
REPORTS TO: President
- Oversees the development of mechanical designs and documents.
- Understands and interprets architectural, structural, and civil engineering drawings and designs so that MEP elements can be coordinated into the overall design package.
- Aware of industry standards and changes.
- Coordinates ME designs with clients and external design professionals, and with other technical disciplines within the firm.
- Maintains high-level of knowledge on ME products, materials, and techniques. Can provide innovative technical solutions appropriately and effectively.
- Responsible for creating technical processes and Standard Operating Procedures for ME staff.
- Capable of identifying and evaluating mechanical system options including developing initial, operating, and maintenance costs.
- Understands and continues to know available mechanical systems and how those systems apply to projects the KGEI provides.
- Responsible for assuring the technical quality of ME elements for all projects.
- Provides analysis of innovation vs. risk on projects, and sets appropriate direction for projects based on this analysis.
- Review and remain up-to-date on code modifications.
- Participates on project teams and reviews mechanical design and engineering work of others.
- Oversees document production to ensure the highest levels of documents are provided to clients.
- Is in responsible charge of the ME design on all projects. Signs off on project documentation and may seal documents.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in administrative and technical codes and skilled in their application and incorporation into designs.
- With guidance from President on innovation and profitable markets, the DME sets goals within the ME department that keeps staff knowledge base valuable to clients.
- Coaches Project Managers/design teams and CA staff to resolve conflicts in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensures that staff has IT tools and training to effectively and efficiently perform their work.
- Works with Executive Team to organize the ME staff relative to other staff within the organization, and to define the ME practice areas for the firm.
- Plan resources, effectively delegate’s tasks to less senior staff, and assign team members to project teams.
- Provides effective interdisciplinary coordination.
- Assists President in determining staffing levels and assists recruiting efforts.
- Leads, develops, mentors, and evaluates ME staff.
- Provides feedback and supports career development of ME staff.
- Mediates and resolves conflicts and issues between Project Managers/design teams and CA staff in an effective and efficient manner.
- Estimates project scopes and internal project budgets accurately.
- Develops and provides economic justification for technical decisions.
- Understands construction budgeting, timelines, schedules.
- Assures all work is completed according to standard engineering practices, minimizing potential liability against the Company-Liability control authority.
- Meets staffing needs and goals for ME practice within established annual budget.
- Responsible for the operating budget of the ME portion of the company.
- Develops and maintains positive client relationships. Communicates commonly and frequently with clients and external parties.
- Produces proposals including scopes of work and associated cost estimates. Accurately and routinely estimates level of effort necessary to achieve project requirements.
- Clearly understands the company’s basic operating model and revenue producing scheme. Can contribute in the planning and execution of revenue production and cost management related to ME staff and practice.
- Develops new clients and new revenue streams each year. Supports the continued success with existing clients.
- BS and/or MS in Mechanical Engineering from an Accredited School.
- Post-graduate (MBA) business knowledge and/or prior P&L experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer. Must be licensed in KY or ability to obtain within 90 days, and willingness to achieve PE within 12 months in all necessary states (through reciprocity or NCEES).
- LEED AP certification and added certifications from a recognized organization.
- Skilled in personal computer use, general office productivity software, and common ME-specific applications.
- Minimum 15 years directly applicable design/engineering experience in HVAC system design, equipment selection, and operation.
- Experience and knowledge in green building practices and LEED, plumbing design, and fire protection design.
- Knowledge of applicable mechanical and building codes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to all levels of the organization with employees, supervisors, clients, and regulatory authorities and other external parties.
- Emotionally intelligent leader with established track record of leading teams successfully.
- General office work environment.
- Will visit construction sites and be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment that may include safety shoes, hard hat, safety glasses, fall protection harness etc.
- Position requires standing, sitting, walking at times in a construction environment.
- Requires use of vehicles, computers, design, and general office equipment.
- Must be able to respond to safety alerts, and voice commands.