Louisville Collegiate School – Addition
Collegiate opened its doors in 1915, becoming the first school in Kentucky committed specifically to preparing young women for college. Since 1927, the school has been located at its current location on Glenmary Avenue. In 2013, the school launched a building campaign to transform the landscape of the school. In 2015, Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. was solicited to assist with the design and engineering of a three-story arts and dining addition. The transformation goal is to support the school’s mission into its second century, to create a unified campus that is secure, flexible and contiguous and to provide spaces that all the students can utilize. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. is honored to take part in this project.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Full service commercial kitchen with rangehood exhaust design.
- Energy recovery units to reclaim heat from exhaust air.
- Mechanical and electrical design accomplished with the architectural firm using three-dimensional “REVIT” collaborative software.
- Water saving plumbing fixtures with sensors used throughout for water conservation.