Jim Beam – Global Innovation Center
In October of 2012, Jim Beam Brands in Clermont, Kentucky completed the construction of a new Global Innovation Center. The two-story, state-of-the-art facility is approximately 35,000 square feet. The spaces include a research and development pilot plant, packaging lab, scientific services lab, consumer product testing areas, tasting space, conference rooms and administrative areas.
Shattock, President and CEO of Beam stated, “We aim to deliver 25 percent of our company’s annual sales growth from new products, and our new Global Innovation Center will help ensure our innovation capabilities remain second to none.”
Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. designed the mechanical and electrical systems to assists the company’s goal of aggressively fueling new product development initiatives for all markets around the world.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Deionized water supply.
- Acid neutralization systems and waste piping.
- Tempered water supply for emergency drench fixtures.
- Environmental systems with critical humidity and temperature control for product stability.
- Precision pressure control between laboratories and production spaces.
- Articulating arm exhaust ability for closer exhaust air capture.
- High efficiency particulate filtering for laboratory areas.
- 15kV primary electrical power distribution infrastructure configured.
- Sensory booths with LED type luminaries.
- Interior and exterior lighting control to create dynamic lighting levels.