Eminence Independent School – EdHub
The Eminence Independent School district, located in Eminence, Kentucky is recognized as one of the Kentucky Department of Education’s, “Districts of Innovation”. The district desired to have a facility to match their technology driven curriculum. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. designed the M/E/P systems for the school’s new identity to the community. The EdHub integrates digital media with projects that grow out of questions posed, applications developed and projects presented by students. The large assembly space is surrounded by interconnecting classrooms and group study spaces.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Dedicated outside air unit with energy recovery.
- Variable refrigerant volume system.
- Plumbing fixtures feature hands free sensor operation.
- Rooftop VAV system.
- Acid waster system with dilution pit.
- Energy efficient lighting and lighting controls.
- Security access controls.
- Color changing LED to display the school symbol.