Cedar Lake – Sycamore Run
After more than three years of planning, Cedar Lake broke ground on an Intermediate Care Facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The four-bed homes offer nursing care, therapeutic services, and behavior and psychological support; first of their kind in Kentucky. The design incorporates the healthcare needs of the residents, including wider corridors, specialty bathing facilities, nurse call, security and a storm proof shelter.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Designed as a licensed Intermediate Care Facility.
- Special attention was given to the HVAC, Plumbing, and Electrical design to accommodate the special needs of the residents.
- A dedicated outside air unit with energy recovery ensures the code required air changes are provided to each room while minimizing energy use and expense.
- An emergency power generator was designed for this facility to support life safety devices and emergency heating needs for the residents.
- Special bathing tubs and low water use fixtures were specified to meet the facility needs.