C-Beyond Data Center
CBEYOND’s Louisville Data Center is designed as a Tier 3+ facility. The 34,000 square foot facility consists of data centers, support spaces, and future growth. Their existing data center areas utilize overhead air distribution and return. HVAC has been designed to N+2 and redundant power with UPS and generator backup. CBEYOND contacted Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. (KGEI) to provide design services for the build-out of their future data center space and master planning of the facility.
KGEI served as the prime consultant for the project and coordinated the architectural and structural efforts with the mechanical and electrical services, to deliver a complete project to CBEYOND. The project consisted of modifications to their current data center spaces and the build-out and planning for their future data center space. The new space was designed as an under-floor air delivery data center. This was a change in the facilities current operations and KGEI helped guide the owner through the transition.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Build out of raised access floor for the data center. The raise floor will be used for power and air supply to the data center equipment.
- Data center planning, equipment layout to maximize data center density, HVAC evaluations and redundancy planning, and power distribution and redundancy planning.
- Design of the evaluation and design of the power systems to support existing infrastructure using two (2) 750 kva dual redundant UPS system and four (4) future 750 kva UPS systems.
- Design for the addition of four (4) 225 kva PDU’s.
- Design for the addition of two (2) CRAC units with refrigerant economizers and layout to accommodate future CRAC units as load increases to achieve an N+2 design upon full build-out.