Ventas, a leading real estate investment trust, signed a long-term lease to occupy a full floor in the Shelby Hurst Office and Research Park. Ventas originally founded in Louisville, is an S&P 500 company, currently employing 100+ in their Louisville location. Ventas’ new home features 31,000 square feet of office space which creates a dynamic work environment. Their headquarters has been awarded LEED Gold certification through the US Green Building Council. LEED certification helps facilities meet sustainability goals, improve occupant comfort, and productivity.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- LEED Gold Certification to meet sustainability goals, reduce energy use, and improve employee productivity.
- Streamline LED linear lighting design focuses on improving energy efficiency and office aesthetics.
- Advanced lighting controls and daylight harvesting capabilities help add consistency to the office lighting levels and reduce energy use when sun light is available.
- Variable air volume supply throughout the space improves occupant comfort and control while minimizing energy use.
- System zoning with occupancy/vacancy/CO2 sensing ensures spaces are ventilated, lighted, and conditioned while occupied, and conserves energy when spaces are vacant.
- Onsite data center design with redundant power and redundant HVAC for environmental control.
- Design of uninterruptible power supply and emergency generator for continuous data center operation.