Oxmoor Automotive Group replaced their Toyota facility in Louisville, Kentucky with a new 72,000 square foot facility on an adjacent 10-acre parcel. The new site contains a sizeable two-story showroom on the first floor and the Auto Group’s corporate headquarters on the second floor. Additionally the facility features a 44 bay state-of-the-art service area with year round heating and cooling and three service lanes. The project encompasses various green components; a variety of the materials selected for Oxmoor Toyota were based on environmental sensitivity.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- High efficiency gas fired roof top units with dehumidification.
- Outside air provided by energy recovery ventilators.
- Full functioning car wash utilizing reverse osmosis.
- 1,000 Gallon oil interceptor for drive-thru car wash.
- Domestic hot water recirculating loop.
- Compressed air in service bays.
- Snow melt system located at entrance and exit of car wash.
- Service bays are heated with waste-oil furnaces that burn the used motor oil that employees extract in oil changes.
- Worked in conjunction with service bay equipment vendor in order to provide electrical design to support 44 bay service area.
- Emergency generator design.
- Interior lighting per Toyota facility standards.
- High-bay fluorescent fixtures for illumination of service area.