Lindsey Wilson College – Dr. Robert and Carol Goodin Nursing and Counseling Center
Lindsey Wilson College (LWC) is a four-year liberal arts college affiliated with the Kentucky Conference of the United Methodist Church. Their mission is to serve the educational needs of students by providing a living-learning environment within an atmosphere of active caring and Christian concern where every student, every day, learns and grows and feels like a real human being. As part of an aggressive building campaign LWC added a beautiful, new two-story, 25,000 square foot, state-of-the-art nursing and counseling center in the Fall of 2011. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. worked closely with the college’s staff and the architectural firm to ensure LWC’s design needs were achieved.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Copper and PEX water piping system.
- Fan powered terminal units with electric re-heat which serve all exterior zones.
- Variable air volume terminal units for the interior zones.
- State-of-the-art nursing training area with mock-up medical gases.
- Clean agent fire suppression system for the server room.
- A new 100 kW natural gas emergency generator located on the roof for the emergency load of the building, including the I.T. server room, fire alarm system, telephone system and emergency egress lighting.
- Performed an evaluation for a proposed rainwater harvesting system and an assessment of three separate water heating systems for possible savings for LWC.
- Completed an extensive HVAC systems evaluation comparing different HVAC system options.