JD Nichols Campus for Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Parking Garage
As part of the comprehensive plan of University of Louisville’s J.D. Nichols Campus for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, UofL Development Company thought it necessary to add a parking garage on the southeast quadrant of the campus. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. is assisting with the new, six-story, 835 space parking garage. The space incorporates a “concrete masonry façade with metal and glass accents,” and will ultimately create safe and convenient parking for tenants and visitors.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Daylight harvesting lighting controls.
- LED lighting throughout.
- Main stairwell features color changing.
- Battery charging stations for electric vehicles.
- Provisions made so events can take place on top level.
- Facility security and lighting controls can be accessed remotely.
- Stand pipe system design.