Hancock County Public Library
The Hancock County Public Library is an 11,000 square foot facility located in Hawesville, Kentucky. The building represents a traditional style with state-of-the-art amenities and technologies. The library includes a large meeting space, a creative children’s area, private reading rooms for comfort, and a bookmobile garage. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. provided the mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection design for this library.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Photometric analysis used to design lighting.
- Detailed interior lighting design to accent the architectural features of the library.
- HVAC life cycle cost analysis performed on multiple system types. Light commercial split systems were selected to reduce maintenance complexity and construction cost.
- HVAC noise control with duct design, sound insulation and sound attenuation devices.
- Instantaneous water heaters and automatic/low flow fixtures designed and installed to minimize energy use.