Buffalo Construction, Inc.
Buffalo Construction, Inc. is a commercial construction company founded in 1977. Over the years, their national footprint has expanded with licensures now in 49 states. With growth comes a need for a new, larger space. Buffalo Construction, Inc. created an amazing 35,000 square foot support center which is divided into two areas; office space and warehouse. The new facility is focused on Buffalo’s PODS concept, with specialized teams working on projects based on type. The space features collaboration areas, offices divided by glass walls, training rooms and a recreation/fitness area for team members. Kerr-Greulich Engineers, Inc. enjoyed the opportunity to work closely with Buffalo on the mechanical and electrical systems.
Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Equipped with an automatic wet type sprinkler system, as well as a fire alarm system.
- Hot water is supplied to all fixtures by tankless gas fired, direct vented water heaters with a recirculation pump and hot water loop.
- Return air plenum in the ceiling space.
- Warehouse area is heated by a roof mounted, gas fired, intake heater with intake louvers for ventilation.
- LED lighting throughout.
- Each space is equipped with individual lighting controls.
- IT server room, HVAC and emergency lighting are all provided with on-site emergency generator back-up.
- Exterior features emergency egress lighting.
- Office space is conditioned by a rooftop, variable air volume (VAV) multi-zone system. Each zone is fed from an individual VAV box or fan power terminal.
- A dedicated air handling unit, Liebert system, for specific individual temperature control serves the IT room.