Angel’s Envy Distillery and Tourist Center – Phase I and Phase II
Located on East Main Street in downtown Louisville, the Angel’s Envy Distillery and Tourist Center is a renovation of the old Vermont American Complex. The new distillery will include a column still for expanded production, a bottling line, grain handling equipment and barrel storage areas. It will also be designed to make a unique and attractive experience for public tours. The project consists of two phases. The first phase includes warehousing, rick storage, bottling and barrel dump, while the second phase entails the distillery and process operations and tourist and event space.
Phase I – Highlights of KGEI’s design include:
- Plumbing design to commensurate a micro distillery operation.
- Package rooftop equipment to heat and cool Phase I of the bottling area.
- Rick barrel storage area designed for heat cycling of the barrels and ventilation for high hazard areas.
- The Barrel dump space is served by a 100% outside air units which heat and cool the space.
- The warehousing area is served by exhaust fans and unit heaters to provide heating and ventilation.
- Electrical design specific for a hazardous classified location.
- Design of a lightning protection system.
- Electrical grounding and bonding design for the distillery.
- Specialized lighting design.
- Design of utilities for future expansion.
- Coordination with process engineers.